The result is absolutely incredible
Sometimes you come across an amazing recipe on the internet that immediately catches your attention. This is one of those recipes. Who would have thought that you could make such an amazing dish using only a few simple ingredients? We can’t wait to share it with you, so without further ado…
Onion rings for fingers
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make these awesome onion rings:
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk, or as needed
- ¾ cup dry breadcrumbs
- seasoned salt to taste
- 1 quart oil for frying, or as needed
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Separate the onion slices into rings, and set them aside. In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Dip onion slices into flour mixture until all are coated; set aside. Using a fork, stir egg and milk into flour mixture. Dip the floured rings into the dough to coat, then place on a wire rack to drain until the dough no longer runs. The rack can be placed on a sheet of aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Spread the breadcrumbs on a plate or shallow dish. Place the rings one at a time in the crumbs, and pick up the crumbs on the ring to coat it. Give it a quick tug as you remove it from the crumbs. The coating should be very well attached. Repeat with the remaining rings.
- Fry the rings, a few at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain. Season with seasoning salt and serve.
This is a great recipe to serve to your family or friends. And you can even make it a fun activity with them. What do you think? Is this a recipe you can make at home?